Happy New Year!

Ahhh . . .  a new year.  There's just something about it, isn't there?  I don't even know if I can describe the feelings stirring within me when I flip the calendar to January.  I love it.  It's like that one little turning of the page signals the beginning of something great.  A new year means a chance to begin again, to start fresh.  We can once again plan to live our lives with meaning and purpose and ambition!

As is custom, I've made a few resolutions and I'd like to share them with you:

In 2012, I resolve to grow even closer to Jesus - I am looking forward to what He has to teach me, and I am truly enjoying embracing the idea of becoming more "child-like".  Children worry about nothing, and I am grateful that our Lord is constantly reminding me and showing me how His care for me means I have no cares.  I am more important to Him than the birds in the fields and He provides for my every need!  (Luke 12:24)

I will spend more time with other women who share my desire to grow in holiness -  In December I invited a group of women from my church into my home for prayer and fellowship and God really showed up.  We'll meet once a month, and only God knows what is in store for us! 

I will be more devoted in my prayers for others -  In the last few months, God has shown me how powerful intercession can be, and there are no words to describe how He will move if we only ask Him.

I will do my best to stay attentive to my husband and his every need - I will manage his household in a way that will make him proud to call me his wife.  I will not be idle.  I will do my very best to be frugal in managing our finances and keeping our spending well below the means he provides.  I will NOT keep up with the Jones's and I WILL create everything I possibly can with my own hands.  I will sew, cook, garden, and create a home that I pray will exude the peace and love we find in Christ.  (Read Proverbs 31:10-31 for a description of a good wife.)

I will serve my children in every area that is necessary -  I will ask God to help me instill a servant's heart in each of them and together we will continue to answer any call He places in our lives.

I will try my very best to overcome my self-critical nature -  For in my weakness, God's power is made perfect!  (2 Cor. 12:9)

I will BLOG MORE!!  I have always loved writing and strongly believe God has a purpose for me in all this.  I have yet to figure out what that is, so bear with me.  I'm just rambling until He shows me exactly what it is He wants me to share.  I love you all for putting up with me!

I just know that God has wonderful things planned for all of us this year!  I am anxious and excited to watch it all unfold and look forward to sharing every good thing with you.

Here's to another year of Happy Homemaking!


No comments:

Post a Comment